Saturday, August 17, 2013

30-Day Tarot Challenge, questions 11 and 12

(11) What spread do you use most often/prefer and why?
I usually do 3-5 card spreads because they're pretty concise yet thorough enough for most situations.  

(12) Have you ever created your own spread? If so, how effective is it? (feel free to show spread)
Yes!  I won't detail it here since it's already the subject of a previous post (the first spread I created, anyway).  I put one together with the idea that it could be used to give couples in a thriving relationship some insights into what is working and how they can continue to improve it.  It worked really nicely, and I felt great about it!  Since beginning email readings I tend to make my own spreads...nothing formal or with a fancy name.  Basically I have a mental list of positions and meanings and I pick and choose the combination depending on the question/situation and how much detail I want.  A common one I use quite often is: Context, Her, Him, Obstacles, Immediate Future.  (Can you tell I get a lot of relationship questions??) :-). Sometimes I add on a "timing" card if the person would like to have a time frame in mind, though I am clear with them that the results depend on their own actions.  


A spread with Morgan Greer Tarot        

No comments:

Post a Comment