Monday, June 1, 2015

The Vibrancy of the Sun

The little ones are off on their adventure and my husband and I are noting the uncommon silence in the household. My mother likes to pull daily cards from her Wildwood Tarot app, and this morning she told me that her card of the day was the Wanderer, otherwise known as the Fool. Well isn't that appropriate!

After I arrived home from the airport I pulled my own daily from the Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA - well actually I didn't pull it, it popped out in my face announcing quite clearly that it was The One. Well, it was a very nice one: the Sun!
Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA
J. Turk
A couple of things immediately come to mind: today is June 1st (the non-technical beginning of sunny summer), and my children departed this morning with such joy, their faces glowing. Beautiful. But there are some deeper layers here as well.

I was just musing about this card the other day as I was flipping through the deck, thinking to myself: "That lady is so me: stretched out, reading at her leisure. That is definitely a happy moment!" And hey, with my little beans gone for a while, I will have so much time to bask in the activities that I really enjoy, but sometimes am simply too busy to do as often as I'd like. Reading is one of those things. I love to read: fiction, biographies, how-to manuals, classic novels, teenage supernatural drama, esoteric literature, cookbooks - the whole gamut, pretty much. I see this woman laying in the warm sand, her nervous system lit up (she must be reading something good). The net before her seems to dip into her emotional depths, capture the ideas that form in her mind as she absorbs and processes the writing. The fire creature before her feels to me like smoldering flames of creative force ready to be put into action. Ten cups flow and overflow with water, symbolic of joy and emotional satisfaction.  The keyword here is "organization" which makes me think of the focus, form, and impulse that precede the attainment of our goals. This down time I have now is precious to me - it is time in which I can gather my thoughts, identify and clarify my objectives, and focus my creative fire in order to bring things into manifestation.

There's one place I know that's particularly good for thinking while under the sun, and I'm headed there later today: the beach!

And here is how I spent my day (after composing this post!):


4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking a lot about you today. It is good to hear you are doing well. Going to the beach with a good book sounds like lovely way to get used to your downtime
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen <3 The beach was lovely - I'll have to add a picture of my afternoon to this post!

      Delete