Monday, June 22, 2015

The Queen of Coins in the Kitchen!

This morning I drew the Queen of Coins from my new Chinese Tarot. I must admit that the image on this card is quite decadent and rich, very befitting of this particular queen of earthly and material things. She is dressed from head to toe in luxurious textiles in deep reds, oranges, and golds, with touches of green and blue. She looks rather plump which suggests that she eats well, and with all those robes she likely won't be doing much other than sitting and enjoying the wealth of her surroundings!
Chinese Tarot - US Games Systems
When I saw this card I immediately thought of my sister, who is here visiting me for a short time. She is a couple of years older than I am, and has always been very nurturing and affectionate - even now, well into our adult years. Today when I said, "We can just have leftover soup for dinner..." she cut me off and said, "Oh no! I'm cooking. Let's think about what we want, and go to the grocery store!" She proceeded to plan out the menu (I let her have at it as her style is very different than mine) and I pushed the cart around while she filled it up. I'm lucky to have her, and I'm really looking forward to enjoying the fruits of her kitchen labor!

2 comments:

  1. You're lucky to have her take care of you. Sometimes it feels so good to be nurtured like a little girl again.
    Tonight I am going to be my own Queen of Coins: It is my turn to cook :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, and her food was very nice last night! It is very nice to just sit back and be taken care of. But I, like you, will be the one toiling away in the kitchen tonight!! :)

      Delete