Monday, July 27, 2015

What is Spirit? Who are the Gods?

I was longing to use my cards this evening after a long day at work. I needed some shuffle-time. Perhaps I was just looking for an excuse to work with my new Stone Tarot deck that, days after appearing on my doorstep, still holds my rapt attention.

Whatever it was, I didn't have a purpose, a question, in mind. So as I was shuffling I simply thought, "Who are the Gods and Goddesses [from across all cultures and religions]? Who are the Spirits that guide us?"

I pulled: Ace of Cups
Stone Tarot/Alison Stone
That sums it up. No interpretation really necessary, I suppose! What else is there to say? God is love, Goddesses are love, Spirit is love, it is love that guides us, always, forever, until the end of time.

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and so true!
    Thank you for reminding me.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was intrepid of you, to pose such a wide-ranging ranging question like that! And what a fascinating answer you received. Something to meditate on for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Definitely :) A broad question with a single card - I like to keep it simple! Definitely great for meditation <3

      Delete
  3. Shuffle time - I appreciate that. If I can't settle to meditate, I will grab a deck and just shuffle away until I feel ready to put them down and meditate. If a card jumps out, I will leave it out and come back to it when I have finished my meditation. And what a reading? Love is everything. BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Yes, I am rather fond of "jumpers." They always have an extremely pertinent message :)

      Delete